Bram is an expert in the fields of advertising law, intellectual property law and e-commerce. He is internationally oriented and likes to reduce complex issues to clear and concise language – both in advice and in legal proceedings. Bram defended his PhD thesis on unfair commercial practices at the University of Amsterdam in July 2014. He frequently publishes in Dutch and European legal journals, including the European Journal for Consumer and Market Law (EuCML). Bram is also a guest lecturer and researcher at the University of Amsterdam and regularly teaches legal professionals in his fields of expertise.
- Assisting the launch of a comprehensive European e-commerce project.
- Several opposition proceedings at the Benelux Court of Justice in relation to Benelux trademark applications.
- Advice on the compliance of an advertising campaign focusing on sustainable production.
- Work in the fields of media, IP and contracts as part-time legal counsel at an internationally operating company (secondment).
- Proceedings for a fashion company concerning cross-border trademark infringement.
- Providing legal assistance in the organisation of several promotional competitions.
- Enforcement of IP rights in a cross-border dispute involving design products.