Moïra is partner at Hoogenraad & Haak. She was admitted to the bar in 2005. Ever since, she has advised and litigated on patent, copyright, design and trademark matters. She is a committed strategist with vast litigation experience, who is able to keep matters simple and act pragmatically where that serves the case at hand. Before joining Hoogenraad & Haak in 2014, Moïra worked as a lawyer at IP boutique firms Brinkhof and Klos Morel Vos & Schaap.
Moïra is recommended in Legal 500 as ‘Strategic, flexible and cost-effective’ and also in the IP Stars (‘rising star‘), WTR1000 and in Chambers as ‘a good thinker who quickly gets to the heart of the matter’.
- Defended patent injunction claims in preliminary proceedings.
- Preparing pre-trial measurements (patent) for a worldwide leader in fast moving consumer goods.
- Representing a well-known automotive before the Benelux Court of Justice.
- Representing a fashion brand before the Supreme Court in a copyright injunction case.
- Advising on a multi European distribution agreement for a global brand in beverages.
- Advising on complex transaction of global IP portfolio.
- Arranging for pre-trial seizure of infringement and book keepings in a patent infringement case.
- Representing a fashion brand before the Court of Appeal in a trade mark injunction case.
- Represented a Dutch innovative company in patent entitlement proceedings.
- Representing a pharmaceutical company in a comparative advertisement case before the Code Commission for
- Preparing accelerated patent proceedings for several governmental organizations in a multi-jurisdictional patent
- Advising several clients on FRAND related patent issues.
- Representing a famous bag designer in a case on copyright and design right infringement.
- Advising on patent infringements for a high end fashion brand.
- Arranging for custom measures for several clients.
- Advising on parallel import of fast moving consumer goods.
- Representing a leading fast moving consumer goods company before the Court of Appeal in a comparative advertising
- Representation of workers union FNV in proceedings against the Dutch State regarding political advertising in
connection with health policy reforms.
- Acting on behalf of two different renowned Scandinavian designers against copyright infringements in both fashion
and light designs.