This is the Privacy Statement of Hoogenraad & Haak advertising + IP advocaten, Jozef Israelskade 48-G, 1072 SB Amsterdam (hereinafter referred to as “Hoogenraad & Haak” or “us” or “we”). We process personal data as a data controller in accordance with the European General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter referred to as “GDPR”).
In this Privacy Statement we explain:
- what personal data we collect and how;
- for what purposes and on what grounds we process your personal data;
- how long we keep your personal data;
- who we share your personal data with;
- how your personal data is protected;
- the rights you have as data subject;
- how you can contact us.
1. What personal data we collect and how
Personal data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. Personal data that we process may include:
- Basic information such as your first and last name, prefix, title;
- Contact details such as your e-mail address, company name, postal address and phone number;
- Data related to the device you use to visit our website, such as an IP address;
- Data related to your visit to our website;
- Personal data you provide us for the purpose of attending events or meetings, such as access and dietary requirements;
- Personal data you may provide us for the purpose of a job application, such as your full name, date of birth, address, phone number, nationality, marital status and any other personal data set out in your application.
- Any other personal data relating to you which you may provide us or that we may obtain in relation to the purposes and based on grounds set out below.
We collect this personal data because you provided this data to us. For example, you may provide data when entering into an agreement with us, by entering your data on our website, by giving us your business card or by applying for a job. We may also collect your personal data from other sources, such as local counsel, counterparties, or by using publically available sources such as the Trade Register.
2. For what purposes and on what grounds we process your personal data
Hoogenraad & Haak may process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To provide our legal services;
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- For marketing and business development activities, such as our newsletter, our “nieuwsflits”, invitations for our events and other marketing communications that may be of interest to you;
- To handle your job application or subscription to any of our events;
- To generate statistics regarding the use of the website and/or to analyse and improve the website.
We will process your personal data using one or more of the following legal grounds:
- Performance of a contract;
- Compliance with a legal obligation;
- Legitimate interest (marketing and advertising our legal services, improving our website);
- Your consent.
3. How long we keep your personal data
Hoogenraad & Haak will not store your personal data any longer than is necessary to achieve the purposes stated in this Privacy Statement or to comply with the relevant laws and regulations.
4. Who we share your personal data with
In some cases we may share your personal data with third parties. This may include, but is not limited to:
- Third parties relevant to the legal services that we provide, such as counterparties, local counsel, courts, regulatory authorities and governmental institutions;
- Third parties that we engage with, such as supervisory authorities and other bodies, in order to comply with legal obligations;
- Third party suppliers in connection with the processing of your personal data for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement, such as IT providers, communication service providers or other suppliers to whom we outsource certain support services.
We will only transfer your personal data to the above mentioned third parties for the purposes and on the legal grounds stated in this Privacy Statement.
To the extent that a third party processes your personal data as a data processor of Hoogenraad & Haak, we will conclude a processor agreement with such party that meets the requirements set out in the GDPR.
To be able to provide our services, it may be necessary for us to transfer your personal data to a recipient in a country outside of the European Economic Area. In that case, we will ensure that the data transfer is compliant with the applicable law.
5. How your personal data is protected
Hoogenraad & Haak has taken technical and organisational measures to ensure an appropriate level of security to protect your personal data from unauthorised or unlawful processing and from loss, destruction, damage, alteration or disclosure. If you have any questions regarding the security of your personal data, or if there are indications of misuse, please contact us at email@example.com.
6. The rights you have as data subject
You, as a data subject, have a number of legal rights:
- Right of access. This means you can make a request to obtain access to the personal data concerning you. Please note that there may be circumstances in which we are entitled to refuse your request for access to copies of personal data, for example based on legal professional privilege;
- The right to rectification or correction of your personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- The right to erasure of the personal data that relates to you. Please note that there may be circumstances in which we are required to retain your data in order to meet our legal and regulatory obligations;
- The right to object to or to request restriction of the processing. Again, there may be circumstances in which we are legally entitled to refuse your request;
- The right to data portability. This means that you have the right to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and that you have the right to transmit that data to another controller;
- The right to object to profiling. For your information: we do not use profiling;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens, see https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl);
- The right to withdraw your consent. Again, there may be circumstances in which we are entitled to continue processing your data, in particular if the processing is required to meet our legal and regulatory obligations.
Type of cookie Purpose
More information about cookies can be found on www.allaboutcookies.org.
More information about Google Analytics Cookies can be found on: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage.
8. How you can contact us
If you need further information or have any questions or concerns regarding the processing of your personal data, please contact us in writing via:
firstname.lastname@example.org or Hoogenraad & Haak, attn. Privacy Compliance Officer, PO Box 76780, 1070 KB Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
Version: 14 May 2018